OK, Just This Once…

In all my time doing this blog, I have never jumped ship on the theme of miniature painting. It’s been a great run, sharing all of my projects and cataloging years of painting. Until today, I have never had an interest in sharing anything else from my hobby world. Until today.

Over Christmas my brother got me a Lego Technic set. We both pay attention to cars, particularly super cars and ever since we were kids have loved talking about them. He recently got a Porsche 911and let me drive it last time I was home. It was the most fun I have ever had driving car. He knew how much I loved it and so for Christmas he got me a Lego version of a 911 racecar.

This set, coming in at a bit over 1500 pieces was the first Lego that I had build since my sons were younger and LOVED Lego. We would spend hours, especially around Christmas building all of the kits they got from Santa.

A few days after Christmas is was pouring rain and I decided to give this kit a go. Below are some work in progress shots of the model as I was working my way through it.

I organized the pieces at first and separated them into bowls.

The shot above is where I ended on the first night. This was after around 4 hours of building. The next day, I finished it off, building for about 3 more hours. I had to fix some mistakes that I had made the previous day and then was off. As the number of pieces shrunk, there was less searching and so it went much faster.

Here is final build.

Hope you enjoyed it. Back to painted miniatures only next time.

Written by:

2 Comments

1. 28talias
    1/13/2020
    Reply

That is a crazy cool race car. I love the pictures of it too.🏎

2. 29nolana
    10/22/2020
    Reply

Hi Mr. Mason, I loved getting to see this LEGO car that you built. I love building with legos, and so I loved being able to see the process of you making this car. I can’t wait to hear more!-Nolan