A Bit of Terrain

So if you have toy soldiers fighting on a future battlefield somewhere, then you need terrain for them to fight over and among. I don’t love to paint terrain, but about every 3 month, the bug to paint some and improve our battlefield hits. Right on schedule, it hit just last week.

First I went to work on two pieces that I had forever. I imagine them to be some kind of power source, that has long been neglected and needs some repairs. The weathering to make it look a bit like it was rusty and worn. Here are some pictures.

Up next are some demolished statues that I have wanted to paint for quite a while. I finally got the set and immediately got them ready to go.

In the next few pictures you can see what the painting sequence kind of look like. On the left is a statue that has been what’s called undercoated (sprayed with primer to cover the plastic and the paint will stick). The one on the right has been what’s called “washed”. You paint a darker paint into the recesses to give contrast and make it look like shadows (and dirt).

Up next is one that has had a bit of work done to bring the surfaces and edges back up to being more white (again, contrast). You can also see the darker color that would be in the deepest recesses of the statue. Dirt, and grime, and general grossness.

Last is a finished piece. This one was the smallest so I used it as a test piece to make sure I liked the look. Eventually the other 3 will look just like this guy.

Thats it for now. Cole and I have been playing quite a bit so I will snap some pictures of a game in progress next time we battle. Until next time!

Written by:

Be First to Comment